Print any file to PDF
Nitro PDF Professional lets you create PDF files from any application that can print, meaning you can create PDF documents from hundreds of different types of files. Just start your application as normal, open the file you want to convert, and then use the Nitro PDF printer driver to print it to PDF.
To create a PDF from a file:
- Open the file in its application.
- Click the Print option.
- In the Printer list, choose Nitro PDF Driver, and then click OK.
- Specify a name and a location
- Choose from the Post Process list.
- Click Properties and configure the PDF conversion settings.
PDF print driver settings
The Nitro PDF Professional Driver settings dialog gives you advanced control over the PDF files you create. The settings include:
- Page size and rotation. Sets the size and orientation of the pages.
- Security & digital signatures. Applies digital signatures to certify documents and password-based controls, including the limiting of print, copying and extracting, form filling, commenting and more.
- Watermarks or stamps. Applies text- and/or image-based watermarks and stamps to pages.
- Fonts. Controls whether to embed particular fonts or not, and whether to embed font subsets.
- Document view options. Sets whether to display the Bookmarks, Pages, Layers, or Attachment panes when opening a PDF, as well as the magnification level to use.
- Interface options. Sets whether the menu, toolbar, and so on should be displayed when a PDF is opened.
- Document information (metadata). Sets the document title, author, subject, and keywords.
To change Nitro PDF Driver settings:
- Open the print dialog.
- In the Printer list, choose Nitro PDF Driver, and then click Properties.
- Choose the options you want, and then click OK.